Zapier is an automation tool that lets you move data between multiple systems. It provides an easy-to-use UI that guides you through the process of connecting different systems and mapping data between them. Connecting your Lytics data to Zapier can be used to export data, or trigger alerts based on user activity to other systems.
You will need to following information to set up this integration:
- Zapier account - Zapier offers a free tier of service that you can use if you are new to the product.
- API token for Lytics - An administrator for your Lytics account can generate an API token for you. This token generated should have administrator rights.
In addition, the Lytics has built an app that allows Zapier to interact with Lytics. For more information on triggers, actions, and workflows see the Zapier documentation. The Lytics app supports the following functionality:
- Trigger: Lytics user enters an audience
- Trigger: Lytics user exits an audience
- Action: Ability to load user data into Lytics
Zapier supports public and private apps. Currently, the Lytics app is a private app. In order to get access to it, you must be invited. Contact your Lytics representative to get an invitation.
This section describes how to log into Zapier and get access to the Lytics app.
- Request an invitation from your Lytics representative to use the Lytics app. Your Lytics representative will need your email address.
- You will receive the invitation by email. Click the link in the email to accept the invitation.
- A browser window will open with a prompt to log into Zapier. If you have a Google account you can log in with that. Otherwise, you will need to create a new Zapier account by clicking the Sign Up link.
- Click Accept Invite & Build a Zap.
In order for Zapier to interact with Lytics, a connected account must be configured in Zapier.
- In Lytics UI, create a new API token with administrator rights. Information on how to generate an API token is available here.
- In Zapier, navigate to Connected Accounts.
- In the dropdown select the Lytics app.
- Enter your Lytics API token and click Yes, Continue.
- The connection will appear in the section My Connections. You will see the Lytics account name and the Lytics AID value (4-digit number).
The Lytics app provides triggers for when Lytics users enter and exit Lytics audiences. These triggers can be used in any zap you create.
The following instructions demonstrate how to create a new zap that starts with a Lytics user enters an audience, and sends you an email notification when that happens.
- In Zapier, navigate to Zaps.
- Click Make a New Zap.
- Click the Lytics app.
- Click User Entered Segment.
- Click Save + Continue.
- The Lytics connection you configured earlier will be selected by default. Click Save + Continue.
- Enter the following values and click Continue.
|Subscription description||The Lytics app creates a new subscription in Lytics to monitor audience membership. This value is used to identify the subscription in Lytics.|
|Segments||You can select 1 or more audiences to monitor. Any time a user enters one of the selected audiences, this trigger will|
|Fields||When a user enters one of the selected audiences, Lytics sends data to Zapier. The user fields selected here will be included in that data. This makes it possible to use the user profile data in subsequent steps of the zap. Since the audience you are monitoring is the audience for new users, you may not have a lot of information about the user.|
- Click Continue.
- Zapier will tell you that your zap is missing an action step. Click + Add a Step.
- Click Action/Search.
- Click Email.
- Click Save + Continue.
- In the field To, enter your email address.
- In the field Subject, enter: "New Lytics User Created!"
- In the field Body, enter: "New visitor browser: "
- Click the button Insert a Field.
- Select User Agent.
- Scroll down and click Continue.
- You can see the information that will be used to send an email. The email body includes values from Lytics. Click Skip Test.
- Click Finish.
- In the field for the name, enter: "Send Email Notification for New Lytics Users"
- If you want to enable the zap, click the toggle OFF.
The Lytics app provides an action that lets you add user data to Lytics. This action can be used in any zap you create.
The following instructions demonstrate how to create a new zap that writes some hard-coded data to Lytics. This is not a very useful example, but it allows you to configure the action without having to set up connections to any other systems. Just imagine that the hard-coded data is coming from one of your own systems.
- In Zapier, make a new zap.
- For the trigger select the app Code.
- In the field Code, enter the following. This code represents the data that would be provided from
Updated 7 months ago